Sunday, February 4, 2024

Guangzhou and Kunming to buy Dungarees

GUANGZHOU GUONG GONG PROVINCE

If you haven’t been to China you will be overwhelmed by its enormity, and diverse culture, the Millions of Bicycles, and people.
My first trip in 1985 was an eye opener, what fascinated me most at first was the Beautiful slim ladies, and the friendly people, going about their Business and the millions of Bicycles. I was most fortunate to be introduced to a Chinese lady married to an English man, and her Father was the head of a large Import Export Company in Guangzhou.
Traveling with her made my first trip very easy, as she arranged everything, Air fares and accommodation and much more, her father did the rest, we visited many factories, and the Company Manager James Wong who took care of foreign buyers took care of me, a car would pick us up every day to visit Factories. My purpose for being in Guangzhou was to have denim work trousers manufactured "Westline" was my brand name, we visited many Factories, the Factory Managers always invited us to eat with them, the food was always plentiful and good, usually with some of the staff, and Karaoke was often on the menu when we dined out at night. Eating drinking and entertaining is a big part of business life in China, Unlike Australia where our Government has destroyed that way of life, I believe if Business flourishes so does the country.
Backpackings in China I believe would be a Backpackers Paradise now, not as it was on my first trip, most Cities’ then were closed to foreigners.
I met a Lady in Guangzhou, Wan Bo, from Kunming, Yunnan Province, my friend James Wong tried to talk me out of going there, James gave me many reasons why I should not go, saying she could be a bad Girl and it is dangerous in China if you don’t know the people. He was looking after my interest and tried to protect me, but my instincts drove me on, as I believe it was a challenge, just being in China, the unknown challenge was driving me. I had no fears about going to Kunming.
I flew to Kunming and Wan Bo met me at the Airport, with her Brother, he was driving a Jeep supplied by the Large Hotel he was working for, it was a relief to know i was in good hands, and Wan Bo took very good care of me. Her Father was a Doctor and she often mentioned him as a famous Doctor. He was a very influential Doctor in Kunming, (Chinese Medicine), I kept in touch with her and we met on many occasions on my return trips to China, and Kunming. I got to know her Family well, Her Father was not so friendly from the start but that changed as time progressed.
                                                   Copyright (c)
 

No comments: